Friday, April 4, 2008

Just my luck!

Every night on the way way from work, Jeremy and I listen to Eagle 105.7, the classic rock station in our area. At 5:30 they always have the Three of a, Three of a, Three of a Kind contest. For this contest they play three songs in a row and you have to name of common theme of the three songs. Caller #3 always wins. I used to really stink at this game, because I don't know much about singers, band members, and all that other crap. But, after listening awhile I am getting pretty good I must say. Jeremy knows the answer every time, so we call in and always manage to be Caller #1 and #2. Ugh! We think it is a conspiracy toward us, but we are still looking into that one. Well, for the past eight days, up until the night before last, they were giving away tickets to see Ron White. We think he's hilarious, so we were trying really hard to win tickets. Day 1-Caller 1 and 2. Day 2-Caller 1 and 2. Day 3- Well, you get the picture. Last night they were giving away a Cheap Trick DVD (who's ever heard of them?!?) Not me until last night. Anyway, you won the DVD and tickets to the movies in Aiken right in front of our apartment. Guess who was freakin' Caller #3. That's right, I was. Whoopee!! Of course I can't win Ron White tickets. I get a DVD I have to drive to Augusta (30 minutes away) for and movie tickets for Saturday night when will will be out of town for the Dawgs and Braves games. Just my luck!!!

2 comments:

Stacy Birk said...

HAHA... that cracks me up! So next time I see you I bet you will be humming "I want you to want me" the whole time huh?

Julie said...

Doug the farmboy loved Cheap Trick. I'd never heard of them either.