Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day on the Job


So, this blog is coming to you as I'm sitting here at my desk at my new
job. That's right folks, it's official! I took a job working at the
Ruth PatrickScience Education Center on the campus of the University of
South Carolina-Aiken. I am really excited to get back to teaching! I
will be working as a Student Program Specialist and teaching K-8
science programs to student around the area. I think it is a lot like
what I was doing atGreenbush, so I am looking forward to programs starting next week. And, to top it off, no more 35 minute commutes to Wagener everday (poor Jeremy). I am now only 8 miles from work. Whoo Hoo!! I also have my own office, not a cubicle, which I've never had before. Moving up in the world I guess! I will keep you posted on how it's going. Enjoy the week!

6 comments:

Stacy Birk said...

Sounds like it is right up your alley! Hope it goes well.

Amy said...

Hope you have a good day. Keep us updated.

Mandy said...

Congrats on the new job! Hope you enjoy it!

Misty said...

Good luck with your new job! So you are saying that cubicles and long commutes are not your thing, huh? So that's what went wrong! Keep us posted as the students arrive!

Anonymous said...

You will be great! Hope all goes well.

Sarah said...

Hello, I found your blog through Stacy and Sheri's. I was pretty good friends with them when we all lived in Pittsburg. I knew your husband too.
Just wanted to let you know I read your blog from time to time.
Congrats on the job.